Resumes can represent the greatest advantage or disadvantage to a job applicant as many resume writers will testify. Considering their importance, many devote insufficient time to them.
Many job seekers have resorted to developing their resume around a sample they found somewhere else. Others never seek a professional resume writers review to improve or refresh their resumes and sometimes rely on friends to create them.
If you belong to this category, your resume is probably damaging you. It is not working as a marketing tool for you if you can’t get an interview, even after circulating and posting it on the many channels available nowadays. So, perhaps it is time to conduct a professional resume writers review to kick start your job search.
It is well known that recruiters only spend around 30 seconds screening resumes before discarding them if they have no appeal.
Common resume errors include:
1. The applicant’s career objectives lack clarity. Too many objective statements focus on the applicants expectations, rather than those of the employer. The objectives should be more employer-focused to show your great interest in the job you are applying for.
Recruiters look for achievement and clear thinking in candidates as is indicated in many successful resumes produced by professional resume writers. So, perhaps you should revise your objective statement and make it your selling point, because many recipients will not read further than that.
2. Similarly, key competencies and primary skills are often not listed by those who are applying for a job. The reader often has to figure these out for themselves from their interpretation of the full resume or eliminate the applicant if their key skills aren’t apparent.
Hence, this is an essential area to be addressed by resume writers.
3. Your resume does not reflect your achievements. Those who are not professional resume writers should especially remember not to merely present a list of job titles, dates and responsibilities. Each job listing should describe your unique achievements in that post, otherwise, your application may be discarded.
It is recommended for the job applicants to provide a comprehensive description of their experience and accomplishments to further promote themselves.
4. Many resume writers forget to include key words relating to the industry they are targeting. These should be included to optimize the many Internet job search opportunities, especially when there are so many resumes in circulation in the present economic climate.
5. The applicant’s resume is overly-long. The best solution is to write a resume of two pages long. Older workers with a lot of experience need not list every position they held – just focus on the most relevant ones.
Long resumes tend to get discarded.
With these errors, job searching is more difficult and cumbersome.
However, it is easy to remedy these, even if you are not one of the best resume writers. Invest time and effort in improving your resume. Use resume and CV templates which will help you create a good paper of your own. Enlist professional help if you can and enjoy the marked transformation in your job seeking fortunes.