Nowadays, there are so many unemployed Americans that job questions have become the burning issues. It is not a secret that the hiring managers today are so choosy that they cannot miss a chance to reject your CV writing.
You should be confident enough in your strengths not to give them that chance. In spite of the fact that your background information might be impeccable, you risk making negative impression because of some details from your CV. To make sure that you are not sabotaging your chances for perfect career, you should take the following points into account:
- Firstly, your CV should not include any weird electronic addresses. For instance, project manager should not use such e-mails as firstname.lastname@example.org or justhaveFun@gmail.com. The thing is that such names emphasize your lack of seriousness. The best way-out to stay professional is to use your first and last name like the majority of people do and many CV templates highlight.
- When it comes to the job searches, you are recommended not to use the e-mail addresses of your current company in your CV. For sure, your current employer will wonder about your behavior of taking calls from the new employers when you are still the employee in his or her company. In most cases, it strikes an ordinary person as dishonest. So you need to be extra careful not to fall into that trap.
- Additionally, the best resume writers recommend not to include the hobbies and interests into your CV. Even if you are a diehard Scout, it does not mean that this information should necessary be included in your CV paper. Besides, it is advisable not to list the activities that point out your health problems. This refers mostly to the extreme sports. If you still want to communicate about your interests, just look through the free examples that accurately talk about these issues.
- Moreover, you should avoid using first person pronouns (my, I, we, etc) when you write a resume. This usually emphasizes the fact of being unprofessional. Instead, you can freely use third person. If you cannot handle this yourself, you can always request expert help online.
- According to the main principles of writing a resume or CV, you should not practice writing: “the references are available upon request” Also, it is better not to give any references unless asked for some.
- The majority of professional CV templates do not state anything about high school education (unless you decide to apply to the government). It is crystal clear that everyone in the country has high school diploma.
- Finally, you can attach a perfect cover letter to your CV paper. According to popular belief, it might become an appropriate supporting argument for your candidature. However, such letter should correspond to your resume and the requested incumbent. If you have any problems either with resumes, you can always get help from the real professionals.
To conclude, the above mentioned points are just few details that can become an obstacle on your way to finding a good job. By avoiding this, you have great chances of building a successful career.